Shilpa Reddy is all set to present her Spring Resort 15 collection at the upcoming Lakme Fashion Week.

Ms. Reddy has been a part of Minh Anh's J Autumn Show 2014, where she became the first Indian designer to showcase her collection at The Eiffel Tower, Paris. Come 19th March 2015, she will showcase her collection titled “Floral Geometry” for Jessica Minh Anh’s show this year at The Hudson Tower, New York .

The collection will highlight the beauty of geometric Ikkat and blossoms of spring, where the traditional Pochampally weave will flirt with floral inspirations to create a mesmerizing amalgamation. A century old technique of colourful threads intricately woven on traditional looms by skilful weavers is used by the designer to create the Telangana Ikkat or tie-and-dye pattern. She has also designed her own range of footwear for each of her outfit. Her outfits are created using quintessentially Indian fabrics and styled to suit New York's fashion palate.

"I am very happy to be a part of J Spring 2015," she said. "I have always been excited about being in New York and displaying my work. I want to let the city know that ethnic Indian fabrics can find their way through Western designs. New York itself features a mini India, including many of my loyal customers who live here! I had also promised myself that whenever I showcase my work internationally I will make it a point to depict pure and authentic Indian materials."

The globe-trotting designer is already off to a great start this year with J Spring 2015, followed by Lakme Fashion Week on 22nd March 2015.



Jessica Minh Anh heats up New York Times Square in SHILPA REDDY

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top